What is personal prayer life? A personal prayer life is the time set aside by a Christian, to spend quality with God in prayer. Because it is "personal", such prayers are done individually; not with another person or a group of people. A person who has a personal prayer life makes continuous and consistent effort to spend time with God in prayer daily.
Why You Should Have A Personal Prayer Life
1. God Instructs Us To Have A Personal Prayer Life
“But when you pray, go away by yourself, shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father in private. Then your Father, who sees everything, will reward you.” Matthew 6:6 NLT
2. To Hear From God
3. To Make Your Requests Known To God
4. To Develop And Strengthen Your Bond With God
John 15:4 ESVAbide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.
5. To Grow Spiritually With God
2 Corinthians 3:18 NIVAnd we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
How To Develop A Consistent Prayer Life
- Be Self-Disciplined: Developing a consistent prayer life requires self-discipline. If situation demands that you set alarms and get yourself a prayer timetable, then do it.
- Schedule It: Schedule a time and times to pray throughout the day. Compel yourself to keep to each of your prayer times.
- Seek The Spirit's Help: Ask the Holy Spirit to occasionally remind, compel and give you the desire to pray at the right time.
- Pick The Right Prayer Space: Be discerning enough to spot the right places to spend time alone with God in prayer, even when you're not at home.
- Don't Give Up: Sometimes, people end up losing faith because they feel their prayers to taking too long to get answered. Such shouldn't be a reason to give up on praying. Even when you think you've prayed enough, there are many other things and people to pray for.
10 Ways To Improve Your Prayer Life
1. Develop A Love For Prayer
2. Get Your Mind Made Up
Daniel 1:8 BSBBut Daniel made up his mind that he would not defile himself with the king’s food or wine. So he asked the chief official for permission not to defile himself.
3. Desire To Pray More And Better
Luke 18:1 KJVAnd he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint.
4. Get Yourself A Prayer Journal
Habakkuk 2:2 ESVAnd the LORD answered me: “Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it.
5. Fast Sometimes
6. Obey The Promptings Of The Spirit
John 14:26 NIVBut the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.
7. Discover Your Best Prayer Posture
8. Pray More In The Spirit
1 Corinthians 14:4 ESVThe one who speaks in a tongue builds up himself, but the one who prophesies builds up the church.
9. Listen As You Pray
10. Pray The Holy Scriptures
Final Thoughts On Developing A Personal Prayer Life
Jude 1:20 AMPBut you, beloved, build yourselves up on [the foundation of] your most holy faith [continually progress, rise like an edifice higher and higher], pray in the Holy Spirit.
The articles and dream interpretations on our blog are gotten through revelation. We don't go about stealing other people's content. If we did, this website wouldn't have survived till today. DESIST from copying or lifting any part of our content to your website, books or videos. God is against plagiarism (Jer. 23:30). All content are protected by DMCA with fast response rate. Don't say you were not warned !!