Philippians 4:11-13 ESVNot that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
1 Timothy 6:6-7 NIVBut godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it.
- Inner joy
- Inner peace
Signs Of Discontentment
- One of the major factors that pushes people into armed robbery and fraud is discontentment!
- In most cases, it is not poverty but discontentment is the driving force behind those who venture into prostitution!
- If you easily get irritated and envious of another person's success, you are living a discontent life.
- If you always find yourself depressed and unimpressed with yourself, even after you have achieved and attained a lot, you are living a discontent life.
- A discontent person fights an inner battle they created for their own self. They live a life of constant anxious and unending striving for more.
- If you ever find yourself desperately working to have what someone else has, you are a discontent person.
- Many material possessions can never be enough for a discontent person.
Psalm 52:7 DBBehold the man that made not God his strength, but put confidence in the abundance of his riches, and strengthened himself in his avarice.
How To Deal With Discontentment Biblically
1. Confess The Sin Of Discontentment
2. Avoid Peer Pressure
Proverbs 1:10My son, if sinners entice you, do not consent.
3. Avoid Jealousy And Competition
Ecclesiastes 4:4 NLTThen I observed that most people are motivated to success because they envy their neighbors. But this, too, is meaningless—like chasing the wind.
4. Avoid Materialistic Comparisons
Luke 12:15 ESVAnd he said to them, “Take care, and be on your guard against all covetousness, for one’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.
5. Fight Greed And Desperation
Proverbs 19:2Also it is not good for a person to be without knowledge, and he who hurries his footsteps errs.
6. Live Within Your Means
7. Be Generous With What You Have
8. Trust God With Your Future
Matthew 6:34 NIVTherefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
9. Stay Grateful And Thankful To God
1 Thessalonians 5:1 NLTBe thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
10. Find Fulfillment In Your Relationship With God
Spiritual Benefits Of Contentment
1. Gives Focus And Concentration
2. Draws Us Closer To God
3. Makes Us More Compassionate
Be Content With What You Have Scriptures
- Philippians 4:11-12 - Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need.
- Hebrews 13:5 - Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.'
- 1 Timothy 6:6 - But godliness with contentment is great gain.
- Matthew 6:31-33 - Therefore do not be anxious, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
- Proverbs 19:23 - The fear of the LORD leads to life, and whoever has it rests satisfied; he will not be visited by harm.
- 1 Timothy 6:8 - But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content.
- Psalm 23:1 - The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
- Ecclesiastes 5:10 - He who loves money will not be satisfied with money, nor he who loves wealth with his income; this also is vanity.
- Proverbs 16:8 - Better is a little with righteousness than great revenues with injustice.
- 2 Corinthians 9:8 - And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.
- Psalm 37:16 - Better is the little that the righteous has than the abundance of many wicked.
- Proverbs 15:16 - Better is a little with the fear of the LORD than great treasure and trouble with it.
- 1 Timothy 6:17 - As for the rich in this present age, charge them not to be haughty, nor to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy.
- Luke 12:15 - And he said to them, Take care, and be on your guard against all covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.
- Philippians 4:19 - And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
- Matthew 6:19-21 - Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18 - Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
- Psalm 16:5-6 - The LORD is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot. The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.
Final Thoughts On Being Content With What You Have
The articles and dream interpretations on our blog are gotten through revelation. We don't go about stealing other people's content. If we did, this website wouldn't have survived till today. DESIST from copying or lifting any part of our content to your website, books or videos. God is against plagiarism (Jer. 23:30). All content are protected by DMCA with fast response rate. Don't say you were not warned !!