The Power of Praying In Tongues
- What does the Bible say about speaking in tongues?
1 Corinthians 14:1-2 KJVFollow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.  For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.
- Speaking in tongues is a spiritual gift
- It is a Heavenly language
- When we speak in tongues, we speak mysteries to God
- Is Speaking in Tongues nonsense?
There are people who think that speaking in tongues is nonsense. But if you check closely, you'll always find out that they are neither genuinely saved nor filled with the Holy Spirit.
- Can you be taught to speak in tongues?
Speaking in tongues is one of the spiritual gifts given to be Believer by the Holy Spirit. It is not a university course. Spiritual gifts cannot be taught. If it is taught and learned, then it's a false gift.
Acts 10:44-47 KJVWhile Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.  And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.  For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,  Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
Acts 2:4 KJVAnd they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
- Does everyone with the Holy Spirit speak in tongues?
No. Because not everyone with the Holy Spirit has the gift of tongues. Some churches will (emphatically) say that if a person does not speak in tongues, then they are not saved or haven't received the Holy Spirit. What they do next is to lay hands on and force the person to speak in tongues, or teach them how to speak in tongues. This is totally out of line with scriptures.
1 Corinthians 12:7-11 KJVBut the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.  For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;  To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;  To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:  But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
- Is Speaking in Tongues for every believer?
Difference Between Speaking In Tongues And Praying In Tongues
- Diverse kinds of tongues
- Interpretation of tongues
- Tongues as a prayer language
Romans 8:26 KJVLikewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
Benefits of Praying In Tongues
1 Corinthians 14:4 KJVHe that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.
- inculcate, etc.
- Praying in tongues equips and empowers our spirit-man, to enable us face the day-to-day challenges that a Christian must go through.
- Praying in tongues keeps us connected and focused on God. In so doing, it helps hasten our spiritual growth.
- Consistently praying in tongues kills carnality and makes us more spiritual.
- Praying in tongues also helps us stay filled with the Holy Spirit.
- Praying in tongues helps us subdue the Flesh and give the Holy Spirit the right of way to rule over us.
- Praying in tongues is a powerful weapon against lukewarmness. Consistently praying in tongues evicts lukewarmness.
- The prayer language is a powerful weapon that can be used in spiritual warfare against the kingdom of darkness.
- Is praying in tongues more effective?
Praying in tongues is definitely a more effective way of praying. It is like an upgrade to the Christian's prayer life.
- How often should one pray in tongues?
We are instructed in the holy scriptures to pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17). Pray in tongues as much as you can daily.
Benefits of Praying In Tongues For Hours
Final Words On Praying In Tongues
All contents of iBlogGospel are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA). Copying, reproduction, redistribution in any form is strictly prohibited.