As a university graduate, have you ever woke up from a dream where you found yourself back in high school—with your school uniform, sitting and learning in class? If your answer is yes; rest assured, you're not alone in this. There are many other people who frequently see such dreams. Today, we will learn the biblical meaning of school in dream.
If it is your first time seeing yourself back in school in your dream, I understand it might be a strange experience for you. But from my personal experience in dream interpretation
so far, I can tell that this dream is very common—even among older people who are not even expected to go back to to school. Obviously, there is something mysterious about school dreams
If you found this article during your search for dreaming of school spiritual meaning, you are in the right place. Let's trust that the Holy Spirit enables us decipher the meaning of your dream, to your understanding.
Psalm 32:8 NIV
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.
In our dream interpretation today, we will deal with the following:
- Dream of school spiritual meaning
- Dreaming of going back to school spiritual meaning
- Dreaming of going back to school spiritual meaning
- To dream of school
- Dream about school
- School dream meaning, etc
I understand that seeing school dreams
can leave one confused and worried about what could be going on in their life. After seeing theirself back in school in dreams
, a good number of people often come of with many questions. Let's briefly answer a couple of such questions below.
What does it mean when you dream about being in school ? A dream about being in school may be a positive or negative omen. Such dreams may also either come from God or the enemy. This depends on so many factors which we will explore as we progress. Some are often quick to think that every school dream they see is a good dream. But that is not always the case.
What does it mean when you dream about going back to school? A dream of being back in school is much likely to be a negative one. Going back to something one is expected to progress further from is often a sign of backwardness.
Dreaming Of School Spiritual Meaning
A good number of people continually see recurring dreams about school. So it is not strange to dream about sitting in a classroom again, even after you've been through that particular school and graduated from it.
Even PhD and Masters Degree holders occasionally dream
about being in schools they long graduated from. But this very one is a strange dream! It's always difficult to ignore such dreams, especially when they tend to be recurring.
Every dream about being in school could be a positive or negative one. It all depends on the individual who saw the dream; the sort of school that was seen in the dream, or the class or grade the dreamer found theirself in the dream.
The spiritual meaning of dreaming of school can entail the following:
- Going through God's training
- Going through insane challenges in life
- Spiritual attack against the dreamer's progress
- Spiritual attack from the kingdom of darkness meant to bring about stagnation and setbacks.
- A warning dream from God
We must understand that, the fact that one dreams about being in school doesn't always mean they will get enrolled back in school.
The exception: Children and teenagers who are seeking admission into schools to further their education may see successive dreams where they started a new school. In this case, we cannot say it means something else apart from being in school.
But it is definitely a baffling experience when adults see themselves back in the kindergarten, in high schools, and in schools they haven't planned to go back to. Such is obviously not an ordinary dream.
If as an adult, you're constantly seeing yourself back in your former primary school, or back in your former high school, you need to pay attention and understand what such dreams
are trying to communicate to you. It will always have to do with your progress towards your destiny.
Dreaming Of Being In School Spiritual Meaning
As I earlier said, dreaming of being in school may be a good or bad omen. Such dream may also come from God or the enemy. Let's see some instances below.
1. When A Dream Of Being In School Is From God
The moment a person gives their life to Christ and gets saved, we can say that they just got admitted in the school of the Holy Spirit. The Spirit of God takes up the role of gradually transforming them into the image and likeness of Jesus Christ.
2 Corinthians 3:18 NIV
And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
This tranformation is often a process requiring that God occasionally tests
the new convert. They will occasionally experience certain trials that are not common to many. There are times that this pruning
process that God is taking a Believer through will manifest as a dream of being in school
Although a dream of school that comes from God could sometimes be a warning, they are never degrading. If you sense a feeling of uneasiness in your dream, and if you feel you are not supposed to be in that particular school or classroom in your dream, then that dream is definitely not from God.
2. When A Dream Of Being In School Is From The Enemy
God always means us good, even when He's taking us through trials. But when it come to the enemy, the reverse is always the case. Most times, a dream of going back to a former school will come from the enemy.
For instance, when a college or university graduate repeatedly sees theirself back in their high school, it is very likely that the enemy has assigned and released powers of backwardness to work against them.
There are people who graduated from very expensive schools
but couldn't get a well-paying job. Sometimes they get unexpectedly sacked from their job. They find it difficult to make progress in life. In their dreams, it always happens that they find themselves back in a former school. There is clearly a form of Satanic manipulation going on here—to deter their progress.
If you're one of those who frequently see yourself back in school, and you're not making any tangible progress in life, I'm very sure you can relate with what I just shared here.
In most of such dreams, the dreamer often immediately knows that something is wrong; that they're not supposed to be in that school and it that class. Such a feeling further confirms that this dream is not from God.
As someone who is seeing these dreams, you must understand that the enemy is seriously fighting your progress and prosperity. If you must break free and prosper in life, you must pray against
such dreams and destroy their effects off your life.
Dreaming Of Going Back To School Spiritual Meaning
When a dream of going back to school
is from God, it is often a pointer to the fact that the dreamer
is in their season of learning, training, testing
, equipping and transition.
Ecclesiastes 3:1 KJV
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
It is the season where God is building and equipping the dreamer to walk in their divine purpose or calling.
To better understand the meaning of godly dreams of being back in school, we will have to take certain symbols in the dream into consideration, as follows:
- The school grade
- The level of education (high school, university, etc)
- The class, and other symbols within the dream.
Everyone who has God's calling upon their life will often go through the school of the Holy Spirit. God trains and equips us before using us. It is not strange for this category of people to dream about being in school—even though they are graduates in their waking life.
To this category of people, school dreams may come even more frequently. Ministers of the Gospel who are undergoing direct training and equipping from God's hands will occasionally see dreams of being in school.
We must pay careful attention to our school dreams, because they will often carry important information concerning our callings, progress, purpose and destiny.
1. Dreaming of Being In The Kindergarten
It is normal for kids to dream about learning with other kids in their kindergarten classrooms, but the same cannot be said about adults. If an adult dreams about attending classes that are meant for kids, there is obviously something wrong about that dream. The power of backwardness is seriously working against them.
Such dreams are often a bad omen or a warning to the dreamer. Dreams of being in the kindergarten will sometimes reveal that there are choices and decisions the dreamer has made that could negatively impact their life and destiny.
Sin pulls us backwards in life, and in our walk with God
. A one-time compromise could reset one's relationship with God back to level one. When this happens, this kind of dream might show up, to further confirm that the dreamer has done something wrong.
Hebrews 5:12 (KJV) For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.
- The dreamer should do self-instrospection and find out where they missed it—in terms of choices and decisions they must have made.
- Ask God to show you where you probably missed it, and be willing to correct your mistakes.
- Obedience brings blessings, but disobedience could make one lose those blessings. Compromise attracts setbacks in life.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to help you make amends so you can get back to where you are supposed to be life and in your relationship with God.
- If you think you did nothing wrong, but this dream came as a form of attack from the enemy, then you have the authority to pray against and destroy it.
2. Elementary School Dream Meaning
If you dream about being back in your primary or elementary school, this is a form of setback or spiritual demotion.
A form of setback, in the sense that, the enemy has released the spirit of backwardness against the dreamer. This can be destroyed through prayer and fasting
demotion, in the sense that, one has made choices or decisions in their waking life that negatively impacted their relationship with God. Only genuine repentance can resolve this.
It is also possible to see such dreams if one fails to overcome temptations
but get caught up in them instead. If a Christian goes back to their past sins, this could as well trigger such dreams.
We know ourselves more than anyone else does. So it is easy to tell whether such a dream
came from the enemy or one did something wrong which triggered it. Whichever the case may be, the dreamer should pray accordingly, make amends where necessary, and learn the lessons God wants them to learn in order to move forward in life.
3. University Dream Interpretation
Even after you have graduated from the college or university, but still dream about learning with other students in any higher institution, such dreams can likely be a good omen.
The following are always the possibilities:
- The dreamer has made great advancement in terms of learning the things God wants them to learn.
- The dreamer has learned from their past mistakes and are just a few steps towards beginning to walk in and fulfil their divine purpose or destiny.
- The dreamer has attained maturity in Christ.
- A dream of being in the university is less likely to be a manipulation of the enemy—except in cases where the dreamer has long advanced academically, past university level.
4. Teacher Dream Meaning
To dream about teaching others in a classroom setting is often a good omen.
This dream tells that the dreamer has passed God's tests, and has been trained and equipped to disciple and lead others. They have acquired so much knowledge and experience required for walking in their divine purpose or destiny.
The following are the possibilities:
- You are beginning to walk in your God-given purpose and God is pleased with you.
- You are a mature Christian who is able to disciple and bring others to maturity in Christ.
- Dreams of being a teacher can also be a sign that one has a pastoral calling and teaching gift to teach others the Word and bring them to maturity in Christ.
Dreaming Of Going Back To High School Spiritual Meaning
It is not okay for a university student or graduate to dream about being back in their former high school. This is a very disturbing dream. Such dreams tell that something is wrong (spiritually) somewhere.
The only positive side of this dream could be that God is training them. But if the dreamer often has a bad feeling about such dreams, then they're not from God.
Most dreams of going back to a former high school and being in a lower class are often a spiritual attack from the enemy; a spiritual manipulation meant to make the dreamer poor and miserable for the rest of their life.
If you keep seeing dreams of this sort, you need to sit up and pray your way
through every Satanic hindrance that is holding you back in life.
Prayer Against Dream Of Being Back In School
- By the power of the Holy Spirit, I come against and break every stubborn power of backwardness working against my life.
- Mighty Angels of God, locate and arrest every agent of darkness assigned to bring me down, in the Name of Jesus Christ!
- I come against every form of persistent failure, demotion and setbacks in my life. Be broken now, in the Name of Jesus Christ!
- By the blood of Jesus Christ, I cancel every Satanic destiny written against me. Only the will of God shall manifest in my life, in the Name of Jesus Christ!
- Powers of darkness manipulating and attacking my progress and success in life, be arrested now, in the Name of Jesus Christ!
- Persistent demonic dreams of backwardness, I command you to cease now, in the Name of Jesus Christ!
- By the authority of Jesus Christ, I destroy every effect of dreams of being back in lower grade school, in the Name of Jesus Christ!
- From now on, I shall make unstoppable progress in life, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- I declare that from now henceforth, breakthrough and promotion shall be my portion, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- Every future attempt of the enemy to hinder my progress, be thwarted now, in the Name of Jesus Christ!
Final Words On Dreaming of Being In School
Beloved, I trust that by reading this article, you understood the biblical meaning of school in dreams.
It is the will of God that we make progress in life to become who He destined us to be; and walk in the fullness of all that He has in store for us. But before we get there, He will have to train and equip us.
Many have experienced stagnancy and setbacks in life due to often seeing themselves back in their old classroom with the students who were there as at then. Such dreams can have negative impacts on the life of the dreamer, if they refuse to do something about it.
School dreams should not be ignored and discarded as 'just a dream'. After knowing the meaning of your dreams, pray accordingly, either to affirm or dismantle them.
God bless you.
You are NOT permitted to copy and/or redistribute our content in any format. For no reason should we find our content on your blog/website—be in its original or spinned format. Don't say you were not warned !!
Address those things He wants you to address concerning your life.
Understand that there is no shortcut to gaining the blessings of God. Obedience and total submission is the requirement.
God bless you.
I have been a born again christian since in my teen years and even went to christian high school. But my serious encounter with Jesus started 7 years ago.