- What is habitual sin
- Examples of habitual sin
- Does God forgive habitual sin
- What does the Bible say about habitual sin
- Is habit a sin? A habit is a regular practice; a pattern that is hard to stop. There are both good and bad habits. Good habits are generally not a sin, but if we check scriptures, we'll discover that most bad habits are sins. A habit can be developed and can as well be destroyed.
Hebrews 12:1 KJVWherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.
- What does the bible say about habitual sin ? In the bible, a habitual sin is sin that easily besets. Habitual sins often persist in the life of an individual despite their many efforts to get rid of them.
What Are Habitual Sins
Hebrews 12:4 NIVIn your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood.
Examples Of Habitual Sin
- Lying - Repeated and intentional false speaking
- Wrath - Extreme anger
- Gluttony - Habitual greed or excessive eating
- Idleness - Laziness or indolence
- Fornication - Sinful affair, self-gratification
- Grumbling - Excessive and persistent complaining
- Doubt - Skepticism towards God and His Word
- Compromise - Settling for standards lower than what God expects
- Complacency - Self-satisfaction or self-congratulation
- Smoking, vaping and drinking, etc.
Does God Forgive Habitual Sin
Romans 6:1 ESVWhat shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound?
How To Overcome Habitual Sin
Romans 6:10-11 NLTWhen he died, he died once to break the power of sin. But now that he lives, he lives for the glory of God. So you also should consider yourselves to be dead to the power of sin and alive to God through Christ Jesus.
Colossians 3:9-10 NIVDo not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.
Romans 6:14 ESVFor sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace.
Final Words On Overcoming Habitual Sin
You are NOT permitted to copy and/or redistribute our content in any format. For no reason should we find our content on your blog/website—be it in its original or spinned format. You have been warned !!