Deliverance From Spirit of Forgetfulness
Forgetfulness is one of the major problems plaguing a large number of people in the world today. I understand that sometimes one might ask questions like, "If God truly created everything perfect, why then do certain people suffer from conditions like forgetfulness?"
We might not find an answer for every question while we are on earth. But we definitely know that God is perfect and everything He does is perfect. After sin entered the world, diverse problems accompanied sin into the world. By default, all that God created was good and was for good.
Genesis 1:31 KJVAnd God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
Therefore, it is unwise to blame God whenever something goes wrong in the world or among humanity.
Jeremiah 29:11 KJVFor I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
God means us good. All His plans are for our good. But there is someone who means us evil—Satan the devil. Most times he is the one responsible for the undesirable conditions and situations of man.
What Is Forgetfulness?
Simply put, forgetfulness is a persistent inability to remember. Science calls it Alzheimer's dementia or memory loss. Research shows that 1 in every 9 U.S adult suffer from memory problems.
In medicine, forgetfulness can result from the effects of aging or symptoms of another condition or disease. When a person experiences forgetfulness, they may find it difficult to recall certain information or events, learn new things, or form new memories.
Sometimes, forgetfulness is successfully diagnosed and treated medically. But in certain cases, the problem persists. It is understandable when forgetfulness is a medical condition—that can easily get treatment. But not when it goes beyond the physical. The root cause of the major problems of man can always be traced back to the spiritual.
There is an ungodly spirit behind certain issues of forgetfulness and lack of retentive memory. It is a bit understandable when old people are forgetful, but what about young ones who are in school? There's nothing normal about a 14-year-old getting afflicted with loss of memory, forgetfulness or lack of retentive memory. Most of these cases are a spiritual attack.
When the enemy sees people who have great destinies, he becomes furious and finds every possible means to destroy them. I believe that if you are experiencing this challenge, finding this article is not a happenstance. Your deliverance is imminent in the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ!
What Does Bible Say About Forgetfulness?
Speaking from a Biblical standpoint, there is another side to forgetfulness.
When God Forgives Our Sins, He Doesn't Remember Them
Psalm 103:12 KJVAs far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
The Apostle Paul made us understand in the book of Romans 4:7 that God would forgive our sins and cover them up. He would not remember them.
Romans 4:7-8 KJVSaying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.  Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.
When God forgives our sin He puts it out of His mind; He flings it out as far as the east is from the west. He erases it from the pages of time; He simply forgets it!
The same way God forgives, throws out and forgets our sins, that is the way He expects us to handle forgiveness with those who offend us.
Proverbs 17:9 KJVHe that covereth a transgression seeketh love; but he that repeateth a matter separateth very friends.
We are not instructed to keep a long list of the wrongs that people did to us. If we forgave them, then we should as well completely let it go. But this is just the positive side of forgetfulness.
Deliverance From Spirit of Dementia
John 10:10 KJVThe thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
As we can see, the enemy is bent on wreaking havoc in people's lives and corrupting God's handiwork. Certain health conditions are neither natural nor from God. They are from the enemy. But even when they are natural, the undeniable truth is that God still heals and corrects health conditions.
Forgetfulness is a challenge to academic excellence. It is a challenge to achieving one's goals in life. Many lives and destinies have been wrecked by the spirit of forgetfulness. It is the will of God that His sons and daughters have retentive memory and achieve excellence in all their life endeavours.
The Bible makes us understand that Solomon was vast in wisdom, knowledge and breath of mind.
1 Kings 4:29 NASBNow God gave Solomon wisdom and very great discernment and breadth of mind, like the sand that is on the seashore.
Mark the phrase 'breadth of mind' here. Solomon had a powerful and vast retentive memory—"like the sand on the seashore". That was one of the things that made him outstanding—in wisdom and in knowledge. That was one of the things that enabled him attain such dimension of excellence in his time.
The will of the Lord for us also is to possess a vast breadth of mind (just like it was with Solomon). He wants us to have a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7) and prosper in all that we do. He wants us to be able to study His Word and remember His commandments. If God's commands are forgetten then we cannot keep them. We will disobey Him!
Numbers 15:39 KJVAnd it shall be unto you for a fringe, that ye may look upon it, and remember all the commandments of the Lord, and do them; and that ye seek not after your own heart and your own eyes, after which ye use to go a whoring.
The Lord is willing to heal that problem of forgetfulness and memory loss and make your deliverance permanent in Jesus Name!
Prayer Against Forgetfulness
Before you pray these prayers, you need to be saved! Becoming a Christian can help hasten your deliverance from whatever you are going through (including dementia). If this is for you, go ahead and pray this salvation prayer.
This prayer against the spirit of dementia might not work for you if you are not saved. I still insist that you accept Jesus as your personal Lord and Saviour.
- Thank You Father, for I now understand that Your will for me is to be free from the spirit of forgetfulness and possess retentive memory.
- Thank You Lord Jesus for paying the price for my deliverance.
- Heavenly Father, I ask that You step into my life and rectify every fault that is not of You, in Jesus Name.
- By the authority of Jesus Christ, I come against and destroy every evil purpose the enemy strives to achieve in my life through forgetfulness, in the Name of Jesus.
- Fire of God visit and consume the spirit of forgetfulness assigned to ruin my life, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- I release the flaming chains of the Holy Ghost and bind every spirit of dementia assigned against me. I send them back to the pit of Hell in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- I decree and declare that the Lord Jesus has paid the price for my sound health. Dementia has no place in my life. Whatever is not in God's will for me quits my life NOW in the Name of Jesus Christ!
- Forces of darkness fighting against my destiny, success and prosperity through forgetfulness, be destroyed NOW in the Name of Jesus Christ!
- Every form of demonic manipulation against my memory, I decree, be destroyed now in the mighty Name
- Every faulty and ungodly memory condition in my life, I decree, be reversed Now in the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ!
- I declare God's intervention and restoration over my memory in the name of Jesus Christ.
- I decree and declare, having a sound mind becomes my portion from this day onwards, in the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ!
- Every reprisal attack of darkness against my mind is shall prove abortive in Jesus Mighty Name!
- I abort every plot of darkness to prevent the manifestion of my destiny through mind manipulation, in the Mighty Name of Jesus!
- I receive a new, powerful and vast memory from Heaven, just like Solomon had, in the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ.
- I decree and declare that I shall become all that Heaven destined me be. No work of darkness shall be able to stop me, in Jesus Mighy Name!
- Thank You Father for delivering me. In Jesus Mighy Name I pray, Amen.
Pray these prayers continually by faith and you will definitely see the expected results. Stay obedient to God after your deliverance from the spirit of forgetfulness in order to stay out of the grasp of the enemy.
If you were blessed reading this article, kindly share with someone you know might need it.
God bless you!
All contents of iBlogGospel are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA). Copying, reproduction, redistribution in any form is strictly prohibited.