- What does the Bible say about laziness and procrastination
- Types of laziness in the Bible
- Biblical consequences of laziness
- Proverbs about laziness
Ecclesiastes 10:18 NKJVBecause of laziness the building decays, And through idleness of hands the house leaks.
- Is laziness a sin? Laziness is a sin and the word of God outrightly speaks against it. Every lazy person inherently knows that it is wrong to be lazy, because God has given us a conscience that convicts us of sin.
What Does God Say About Laziness
Proverbs 12:24 BSBThe hand of the diligent will rule, but laziness ends in forced labor.
2 Thessalonians 3:10 ESVFor even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat.
Laziness And Procrastination
Proverbs 22:13 NKJVThe lazy man says, “There is a lion outside! I shall be slain in the streets!”
Ecclesiastes 11:14 NIVWhoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap.
Ephesians 5:16 ESVMaking the best use of the time, because the days are evil.
- Is procrastination or laziness an emotion? A number of emotions could amount to laziness and procrastination, but neither laziness nor procrastination itself is an emotion. For instance, someone could lose the motivation to do work due to sadness or depression. The element that triggered procrastination here was the emotion of sadness, but the procrastination itself is not an emotion.
Types Of Laziness
1. Physical Laziness
2. Mental Laziness
3. Spiritual Laziness
Hebrews 5:12 NIVIn fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God’s word all over again. You need milk, not solid food!
How To Overcome Spiritual Laziness
Galatians 5:17 ESVFor the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do.
Matthew 26:41Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”
- Is laziness a spiritual attack? I know that some of us are fond of blaming every spiritual problem on “the devil.” But that is far from it when it comes to laziness. Laziness is not a spiritual attack. Even when one is caught in spiritual slothfulness, that doesn't mean they are under an attack from demons. It is simply a self-projected laziness towards spiritual activities.
Prayer Points Against The Spirit Of Laziness
Proverbs About Laziness
- Proverbs 21:25 NLT Despite their desires, the lazy will come to ruin, for their hands refuse to work.
- Proverbs 18:19 BSB Whoever is slothful in his work is brother to him who destroys.
- Proverbs 19:24 NLT Lazy people take food in their hand but don’t even lift it to their mouth.
- Proverbs 6:6-9 KJV Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise: Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler, Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest. How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep?
- Proverbs 10:4-5 Poor is he who works with a negligent hand, But the hand of the diligent makes rich. He who gathers in summer is a son who acts wisely, But he who sleeps in harvest is a son who acts shamefully.
- Proverbs 15:29 NLT A lazy person’s way is blocked with briers, but the path of the upright is an open highway.
Final Words On Overcoming Laziness
Psalm 90:10 KJVThe days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.
You are NOT permitted to copy and/or redistribute our content in any format. For no reason should we find our content on your blog/website—be it in its original or spinned format. You have been warned !!