Proverbs 22:6 ESVTrain up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.
1 Samuel 1:28 NIVI prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.” And he worshiped the Lord there.
Psalm 139:13 NIVFor you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
17 Men In The Bible Who Failed As Fathers
Colossians 3:21 ESVFathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged.
Ephesians 6:4 NLTFathers, do not provoke your children to anger by the way you treat them. Rather, bring them up with the discipline and instruction that comes from the Lord.
- Adam - Yes you heard it right. The first man failed to protect his son Cain and failed to prevent him from killing Abel. (Genesis 4:1-8)
- Jeroboam - Led the northern kingdom of Israel into idol worshipping, setting a bad example for his son Nadab. (1 Kings 12:25-33, 15:25-30)
- Jephthah - On his own accord, he sacrificed his daughter as a vow to God, causing great sorrow. (Judges 11:29-40)
- Laban - Manipulated and deceived his daughters Rachel and Leah, causing tension in their marriages. (Genesis 29-30)
- Elimelech - He relocated his family to Moab during a time of famine, which resulted in the death of himself and his sons. (Ruth 1:1-5)
- Isaac - Showed favoritism toward his son Esau, causing division and conflict within the family. (Genesis 27)
- Eliud - Gave room for his son Phinehas to serve as a priest, despite being involved in idolatry. (Judges 20:28)
- Manoah - Struggled to understand his son Samson's calling and failed to provide proper guidance. (Judges 13-16)
- Elkanah - Failed to maintain peace between his two wives, Hannah and Peninnah, causing strife in the family. (1 Samuel 1:1-8)
- Nabal - He acted without wisdom, leading to his own demise and leaving his wife Abigail as a widow. (1 Samuel 25:2-38)
- Eli - The priest in Shiloh, failed to discipline his sons Hophni and Phinehas. As a result, they ended up as corrupt priests. (1 Samuel 2:12-17)
- Samuel - Failed to control and discipline his sons Joel and Abijah, and as a result, they turned out to be unjust judges. (1 Samuel 8:1-3)
- David - Failed in his responsibility to discipline his sons Amnon, Absalom, and Adonijah. This led to strife and rebellion in his kingdom. (2 Samuel 13-19)
- Solomon - Despite his wisdom, he failed to instill godly values in his son Rehoboam, this caused division of the kingdom. (1 Kings 11:9-13)
- King Josiah - Though a righteous king, his son Jehoahaz turned to evil and was taken captive. (2 Kings 23:31-34)
- Job - Though he was a righteous man, he failed to rebuke or correct his sons, leading to their demise. (Job 1:4-5, 13-19)
- Aaron - Allowed his sons Nadab and Abihu to offer strange fire before the Lord, causing the death of the duo. (Leviticus 10:1-2)
How To Raise Godly Children
1. Lead By Example
2. Teach Them About God And The Bible
Isaiah 54:13 ESVAll your children shall be taught by the Lord, and great shall be the peace of your children.
3. Pray With Them And Teach Them To Pray
4. Set Clear Boundaries, Expectations And Consequences
5. In All, Apply Love And Patience
6. Foster A Healthy Relationship Among Them
7. Demonstrate To Them The Act Of Forgiveness
Ephesians 4:32 BSBBe kind and tenderhearted to one another, forgiving each other just as in Christ God forgave you.
8. Teach Them Contentment
9. Teach Them Selflessness
10. Instill In Them The Fear Of God
Deuteronomy 4:10 NLTNever forget the day when you stood before the LORD your God at Mount Sinai, where he told me, ‘Summon the people before me, and I will personally instruct them. Then they will learn to fear me as long as they live, and they will teach their children to fear me also.’
Final Thoughts On Raising Godly Children
The articles and dream interpretations on our blog are gotten through revelation. We don't go about stealing other people's content. If we did, this website wouldn't have survived till today. DESIST from copying or lifting any part of our content to your website, books or videos. God is against plagiarism (Jer. 23:30). All content are protected by DMCA with fast response rate. Don't say you were not warned !!