Factors That Can Trigger Suicide
- Substance abuse
- Relationship problems
- Spiritual problems
- Physical health issues
- Mental or emotional disorder
- Job or financial problems
- Criminal or legal problems, etc.
The Bible And Suicide
Exodus 20:13 KJVThou shalt not kill.
Psalm 139:14-16 KJVI will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.  My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.  Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
Job 12:10 NIVFor the life of every living thing is in his hand, and the breath of every human being.
Psalm 31:15 NIVMy times are in your hand; rescue me from the hand of my enemies and from my persecutors!
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 KJVWhat? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?  For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
Cases Of Suicide In The Bible
- Ahithophel (2 Samuel 17:23) - He hung himself out of displeasure that his advice was no longer followed by Absalom (David's son).
- Abimelech (Judges 9:50-54) - He asked to be killed by his armor bearer so that his death would not be attributed to the woman who dropped a millstone on him.
- Judas Iscariot (Matthew 27:3-5) - He hung himself due to depression, after regretting betraying and selling his Master.
- King Saul (1 Samuel 31:2-5) - Fell on and killed himself by his own sword, so as to avoid further disturbance from the Philistines.
- King Saul's Amor Bearer (1 Samuel 31:5) - Took his own life also.
- Samson (Judges 16:23-31) - Destroyed the Philistines' temple, killing himself with other people in the process.
- Zimri (1 Kings 16:15-20) - Burnt a house upon himself and died as a result.
1 Kings 16:18-20 KJVAnd it came to pass, when Zimri saw that the city was taken, that he went into the palace of the king's house, and burnt the king's house over him with fire, and died,  For his sins which he sinned in doing evil in the sight of the Lord, in walking in the way of Jeroboam, and in his sin which he did, to make Israel to sin.  Now the rest of the acts of Zimri, and his treason that he wrought, are they not written in the book of the chronicles of the kings of Israel?
- He did evil in the sight of the Lord (by walking in the way of Jeroboam).
- He also caused the entire Israel to sin against God (in the course of his own rebellion).
Can A Christian Commit Suicide?
Acts 12:1-2 KJVNow about that time Herod the king stretched forth his hands to vex certain of the church.  And he killed James the brother of John with the sword.
Acts 7:59 KJVAnd they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
Philippians 1:21-22 KJVFor to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.  But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.
John 13:37 KJVPeter said unto him, Lord, why cannot I follow thee now? I will lay down my life for thy sake.
Romans 8:38-39 KJVFor I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,  Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Do Christians Commit Suicide And Still Go To Heaven?
Is Suicide The Unforgiveable Sin?
Mark 3:28-29 KJVVerily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:  But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.
Doctor Assisted Suicide
Help For The Suicidal
- Feeling like a burden
- Being isolated
- Increased anxiety
- Feeling trapped or in unbearable pain
- Increased substance use
- Looking for a way to access lethal means
- Increased anger or rage
- Extreme mood swings
- Expressing hopelessness
- Sleeping too little or too much
- Talking or posting about wanting to die
- Making plans for suicide
Final Thoughts On A Christian Comitting Suicide
You are NOT permitted to copy and/or redistribute our content in any format. For no reason should we find our content on your blog/website—be it in its original or spinned format. You have been warned !!