Revelation 3:16 KJVSo then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Ephesians 5:18 KJVAnd be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit.
The Holy Spirit And Alcohol Do Not Agree
- Does alcohol make me more like Christ?
- Does it help me pray more or study the Word more?
- Does it help me get more full of the Holy Spirit?
- How does it help my spiritual growth?
- Does it help draw me closer to God?
Why A Christian Shouldn't Drink Alcohol
Leviticus 10:9 KJVDo not drink wine nor strong drink, thou, nor thy sons with thee, when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations.
Numbers 6:1-3 KJVAnd the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,  Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When either man or woman shall separate themselves to vow a vow of a Nazarite, to separate themselves unto the Lord :  He shall separate himself from wine and strong drink, and shall drink no vinegar of wine, or vinegar of strong drink, neither shall he drink any liquor of grapes, nor eat moist grapes, or dried.
Judges 13:2-4,24-25 KJVAnd there was a certain man of Zorah, of the family of the Danites, whose name was Manoah; and his wife was barren, and bare not.  And the angel of the Lord appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, thou art barren, and bearest not: but thou shalt conceive, and bear a son.  Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing :  And the woman bare a son, and called his name Samson: and the child grew, and the Lord blessed him.  And the Spirit of the Lord began to move him at times in the camp of Dan between Zorah and Eshtaol.
Luke 1:11-13,15 KJVAnd there appeared unto him an angel of the Lord standing on the right side of the altar of incense.  And when Zacharias saw him, he was troubled, and fear fell upon him.  But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.  For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.
Proverbs 31:4 KJVIt is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink.
Proverbs 20:1 KJVWine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise.
How To Stop Taking Alcohol
1. Genuine Repentance
2. Stay Filled With The Holy Spirit
3. Self-Discipline and Self-Control
Galatians 5:22-23 NIVBut the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
Prayer For Deliverance From Alcohol Addiction
- Having realised that alcohol is not part of your will for my life, Lord Jesus I submit myself to you. I ask that you forgive, cleanse and help me end this habit.
- Father I submit my entire being to You. I lay my life on the alter as a living sacrifice. Take absolute control over my spirit, soul and body. Remove everything thirst for alcohol from me in Jesus Name.
- Lord Jesus I ask that You fill Me with Your Holy Spirit. Fill me to the brim, even to the extent I lose every desire for alcohol.
- Holy Spirit of God, powerfully and totally rule over me. Submerge me in You, to the extent Your desires become my desires.
Final Words On Drinking Alcohol
The articles and dream interpretations on our blog are gotten through revelation. We don't go about stealing other people's content. If we did, this website wouldn't have survived till today. DESIST from copying or lifting any part of our content to your website, books or videos. God is against plagiarism (Jer. 23:30). All content are protected by DMCA with fast response rate. Don't say you were not warned !!