In our previous article, by the help of the Holy Spirit, we were able to decipher and assimilate much on what spiritual weariness is about (and how to overcome the same). Today, we will delve further into the subject matter, and then proceed to prayer againts spirit of weariness.
One of the most potent, offensive spiritual weapon against the spirit of weariness [and its effects] is prayer. The Bible says that the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to demolish strongholds (2 Corinthians 10:4). Prayer is one of those mighty weapons.
It is likely that when a Christian comes under attack by the spirit of weariness, their prayer life gets hits first. Such Christians often end up with complaints like, “I can't pray anymore. These days, I can't even pray for five minutes. What is wrong with me? Where do I start from?” My response to such a complaint is, “the best person to pray for you is you.”
Do not get me wrong, I am not against the idea of other people praying for you. There is also nothing wrong in asking for prayers, but you cannot afford to depend on other people's prayers.
People may promise to pray for you but won't even remember they made such a promise. It is up to you to take responsibility and pray for yourself. I believe with God's help, you will rise on your feet again.
Apparently, your prayer life came under attack when the spirit of weariness struck. So, if you must get on fire for God again, your prayer life has to be revived. Also know that no one else is in the best position to revive your prayer life except you. Prayers from other brethren should only act as supportive prayers.
As a Christian, if a brethren reaches out to you requesting for prayer, I adjure you to treat it as important and urgent. A word of prayer for them will go a long way to help.
Even our Lord Jesus Christ [while He walked the earth in a physical body] availed Himself to pray for His disciples—when they needed it the most—thereby setting an example for us to follow:
Luke 22:31-32 KJVAnd the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.
For the last part of this scripture, the Amplified Bible puts it as, “strengthen and support your brothers [in the faith].” One of the best ways we can strengthen and support our brethren is by praying for them.
But in a situation where other people are not praying for you, what do you do? Firstly, be reminded that Jesus Christ is praying for you—just like He prayed for Peter, He is praying for you today (Romans 8:34). But you also have to do your part by praying for yourself.
When other Christians come to me asking to know how they can improve their prayer life, my response is always the same: “pray more and pray better!”
The same principle can safely be applied to a prayer life which has been impacted by the spirit of weariness. No mater how deadened your prayer life has become, you have to pray to revive it. If it requires that you do it while on fasting, then go for it. The key to lasting longer in prayer is praying more. If you want to have a better prayer life, you have to pray better. There is no substitute for this.
The experience of our Lord Jesus Christ in the garden of Gethsemane is one that we can glean from to buttress our point here. In Gethsemane, the Lord was at His lowest state as God in human flesh. He was at the verge of giving up on the assignment, yet He didn't give up on praying. He still prayed.
“Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me. Nevertheless, not my will but yours be done” - Luke 22:42.
Jesus did not allow the depression and the inner turmoil He felt in that hour to deter Him from praying. He relentlessly prayed! He was depressed and discouraged, yet He continued praying.
Like the saying goes, “a closed mouth is a closed destiny.” Anything that is able to seal your lips and prevent you from praying, can as well easily destroy you. It shouldn't get that bad. You have to pray. Whether prayer tastes as sweet as honey or as bitter as wormwood, you have to pray anyway.
We can learn a thing or two from the Lord's experience in Gethsemane. One of them is how the Father responded to the prayer our Lord Jesus said. The Bible says that an angel from Heaven was sent to strengthen Him (Luke 22:43).
Likewise, the Lord will send us help. He will stretch forth His Mighty hand to strengthen any of us who takes the bold step of praying their way out of the grip of spiritual weariness, in Jesus Name, Amen!
Prayer Points Against Spiritual Weariness
- Thank You Father for Your unending mercy which sustains and keeps me going, in all seasons of my life. Even in my current season of spiritual weariness, I pray that your mercy continues sustaining me, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- Father, it is written in Your Word that we should come boldly to Your throne of Grace, to receive mercy and find Grace to help in times of need (Hebrews 4:16). In accordance to that instruction, I boldly approach Your throne of Grace today. By so doing, may I find sufficient Grace to help me out of my slumber, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- Lord, I come to you today confessing my spiritual weariness to you. For when I am weak, I know that You are strong. I can always depend on You for strength, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- Heavenly Father, I confess that I may have been careless and carefree with my spiritual life before now, thereby opening the door for the spirit of weariness to attack me. I ask that You forgive and deliver me, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- Dear Lord, my strength has failed me. I am spiritually exhausted. But I know that where my strength fails, I can trust You to show up and strengthen me, in Jesus Mighty Name.
- Lord Jesus, You instructed in Your word that the weary and heavy laden should come to You for rest (Matthew 11:27). I come to You today in accordance with your word, asking that You lighten my burden, so I can run this race till the end, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- Father, Your word says that even youths will become weary and young men will fall in exhaustion. But those who wait on you will renew their strength (Isaiah 40:31). As I make efforts to wait on You today, Lord, may my strength be renewed. May I experience leaps and bounds in spiritual strength, in the Name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
- By the authority and power of God Almighty, I come against the spirit of weariness assigned against me. I frustrate its efforts against my life and command its activities to cease permanently, in the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ!
- By the power of God, I thwart and revert every effect and influence of the spirit of weariness over my life, in the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ!
- Dear God, I ask that You fill me with your Holy Spirit and Fire once again. Fill me to the brim and re-ignite me to burn fiercely for You, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- By the power of God, I shut the door against subsequent attacks from the spirit of weariness. All future attempts and efforts of the spirit of weariness to lay hold of me shall be in vain, in the Name of Jesus Christ!
- I receive supernatural strength from above to rise again. I shall mount up with wings like eagle and soar high. No force of hell shall be able to bring me down again, in the Name of Jesus Christ!
- Father, I ask that You teach me to abide in You, and to draw strength from You for my daily spiritual sustenance, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- Heavenly Father, Your word says that You are able to keep me from falling and present me faultless before the presence of Your glory with exceeding joy (Jude 1:24). Lord, I believe Your word. The spirit of weariness shall have no dominion over me. You will keep me till the very end, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- Dear Lord, as I abide in You and bask in Your Presence, may your strength supplement, support and enable me to serve You better and enlarge my coast daily, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
Final Thoughts On Prayer Against Spiritual Weariness
Beloved, I know that spiritual weariness is something no genuine Christian wishes to experience. But if you happen to see yourself struggling in your walk with the Lord because you feel tired spiritually, do not condemn yourself—because the Lord has not condemned you.
Always remember to employ the right approach in your fight against spiritual weariness. You can learn more on this in our previous article, “How To Overcome Spiritual Weariness.”
When you are feeling spiritually exhausted and too weak, prayer alone may not be sufficient to restore your spiritual health. If you are going to pray, it is advisable you do it alongside fasting. Fasting and prayer is powerful!
When a phone battery dies, the device is not thrown away, but the battery is recharged. You are spiritually rechargeable, God will not discard you. The Lord revives the spiritually dead. You are not without His help.
Do not give up on God or your walk with Him, simply because you have walked with Him for quite a long time and you are tired. There will always be a refreshing for you, when you wait on Him. Amen!
God bless you.
You are NOT permitted to copy and/or redistribute our content in any format. For no reason should we find our content on your blog/website—be in its original or spinned format. Don't say you were not warned !!
Post a Comment