What Is Spiritual Weariness?
What The Bible Says About Spiritual Weariness
Isaiah 40:30-31 KJVEven the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: but they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Matthew 11:28-29 NIVCome to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
- Many who have been in ministry for some time, do experience a burnt-out.
- Some are exhausted from regular and daily praying.
- There are Christians whose level of spiritual doggedness reduced beyond minimum, due to spiritual weariness.
- There are others whose spiritual life keeps on declining daily, instead of skyrocketing.
Signs Of Spiritual Weariness
Proverbs 24:16 NLTFor though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again, but the wicked stumble when calamity strikes.
Spiritual Fatigue Symptoms
- Boredom: When the spiritual things you once enjoyed doing begin to bore you, know that spiritual weariness is fast creeping in.
- Tiredness: When engaging in spiritual activities gets you tired easily, the spirit of weariness is already at work.
- Exhaustion: When you start feeling spiritually drained—like you have no energy left for any sort of spiritual activity—know that the spirit of weariness is working hard to cripple your spiritual life.
- Discouragement: You begin to lack motivation or the driving force to continue walking with the Lord and engaging in spiritual activities.
Isaiah 40:29 NIVHe gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
Causes Of Spiritual Weariness
1. Persistent Attacks From The Enemy
2. Burn-Out Due To Excessive Stress In Ministry
3. Spiritual Lethargy Due To Sinfulness
4. Neglecting One's Daily Devotion
5. Delayed Answers To Prayers
Steps To Overcome Spiritual Weariness
Step 1: Approach The Throne Of Grace
Hebrews 4:16 KJVLet us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
- Going to the Lord Jesus Christ in prayer
- Tell the Lord about your weariness
- Ask Him to revive and restore you.
Step 2: Prioritize Your Daily Devotion
Step 3: Watch Out For Future Signs Of Spiritual Weariness
Final Thoughts On Spiritual Weariness
Jude 1:24-25 NKJVNow unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To God our Savior, Who alone is wise, Be glory and majesty, Dominion and power, Both now and forever. Amen.
The articles and dream interpretations on our blog are gotten through revelation. We don't go about stealing other people's content. If we did, this website wouldn't have survived till today. DESIST from copying or lifting any part of our content to your website, books or videos. God is against plagiarism (Jer. 23:30). All content are protected by DMCA with fast response rate. Don't say you were not warned !!