Beloved, we know that life on earth is not yet perfect. The Christian's path towards perfection is filled with thorns and thistles. Even our Lord Jesus made it plain to us that, the gate to life is narrow and the path is difficult (Matthew 7:14).
In this present world, we as Christians will face tribulations (John 16:33). But our comfort is in the reality that our Lord Jesus Christ has overcome the world. And through Him we have victory over every trial and device of the enemy.
2 Timothy 3:12 NIVIn fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted.
Persecution comes to us in different forms and categories. Some of them come us as trials. I'm certain that everyone goes through difficult times, and I also know that Christians go through difficult times the most.
In these last days, the Church as a whole is going through a lot. The enemy has unveiled the very best weapons in his arsenal against the end time Christian. Spiritual attacks against the people of God keep on intensifying on a daily basis. The enemy throws many obstacles in out path daily, but in all these things we are more than conquerers through Christ Jesus (Romans 8:37).
While we are still in this present world, we can pray our way out of multiple troubles, but it is needful to stress that difficult times don't come just once. Also remember that everything the enemy throws at us, the Lord turns them around and uses them for our good (Romans 8:28).
Sometimes, all we need to do is to pray for strength to go through our difficult times—trusting God's wisdom to work it out for our good. Because after we have been tried, just like Job, we will come forth as pure gold (Job 23:10).
What God Says About Hard Times
One unchanging truth we must grasp, believe and make it a part of our daily life is that God never leaves His own without help.
I understand that sometimes, it might feel like you are all alone in this wide world with no one to deliver you out of your troubles. But that is far from the truth.
When the disciples were met by a deadly storm in the middle of the sea, they thought all hope was lost. But how quick were they to forget that even the Lord was in the same boat with them!
It's understandable that as humans, we might occasionally behave like the twelve disciples did in the middle of the sea—taking our eyes off of the Saviour and fixing it on the storm. But that only causes more fear and anxiety!
God did not send us to sail the stormy sea of life alone. He has made many promises to us in His Word assuring us of our protection and deliverance through all that we are going through in this side of eternity.
Isaiah 43:1-2 KJVBut now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.  When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
The Lord did not say that our lives as Christians will be a bed of roses. He said that we will go through troubling waters! But that He will be with us through it all! Every word from the mouth of God is trustworthy and true (Revelation 22:6). We can safely bank on them!
Psalm 34:19 KJVMany are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.
Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but there is good news: the Lord delivers him from them all!
God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear (1 Corinthians 10:13). Your deliverance is always guaranteed through our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen!
Prayer For Trying Times
- Thank You Father for I know that You work everything together for my good. I know that even what I am passing through right now You will work it out to my advantage. Amen.
- Lord Jesus, I know that You are always with me. You know what I'm passing through right now. You know my secret tears. I trust You Lord. I know that You will turn it all around for me. Amen.
- Father, I may not know why I am going through all that I'm passing through. But today I choose to trust Your wisdom in this. Therefore, grant me peace of mind knowing that You are in control. Amen.
- Heavenly Father, I have come to realise that some of the things I'm passing through could be part of Your will for my life. Therefore I am not going to resist You. I will not resist what You are doing in my life through all of this. Grant me strength to go through my trials and come forth as pure gold. Amen.
- Lord Jesus, I have my eyes fixed on You, and not the storm. I choose to not fear knowing that You are with me in this and will deliver me. Amen.
- Father, I wish to remind you this: that Job passed through more than I am going through now. But You delivered him from all his woes and compensated him. Let this be my portion in Jesus Name. Amen.
- Lord Jesus, I ask that You rebuke the devourer and afflictor for my sake. Whatever I am going through that is not approved by You, let it come to an end abruptly. Amen!
- Lord, I ask that You grant me wisdom to sail through these difficult times and come out whole. Amen.
- Holy Spirit of God, be my comfort through the storms. Strengthen and encourage me to hold on. Remind me of all that the Lord has done for me and the many reasons why I should not give up. Amen!
- Father, I ask that You increase my faith. Because I want to believe and hold tightly on to You, instead of what the enemy is throwing in my way. Amen!
- Thank You Lord Jesus for You will not let me be tried beyond what I can bear. You will not let this fire consume me, neither will You let me get drowned in the storm. Amen!
- Lord Jesus I have my gaze fixed on You as I wait patiently for your hand of deliverance. Make haste to deliver and establish me. Amen!
Final Words On Difficult Times
Beloved, a powerful secret for receiving strength to go through our trying times and coming out strong is waiting upon the Lord. We must learn the act of waiting on Him!
Lamentations 3:26 KJVIt is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord.
Psalm 27:14 KJVWait on the Lord : be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.
Instead of worrying and being anxious, let's wait and pray! Lay your burdens at His feet and sit down with Him. Don't depend on arm of flesh to take you out of what you are passing through.
Know that you serve a Mighty God and nothing is too difficult for Him. Mountains skip like ram from His Presence whenever He shows up (Psalm 114:6).
Fix your gaze on Jesus! Spend time with Him while waiting for your deliverance, because He will definitely show up to surprise you with a miracle like He always does!
God bless you.
You are NOT permitted to copy and/or redistribute our content in any format. For no reason should we find our content on your blog/website—be it in its original or spinned format. You have been warned !!
Read This Next