It is not the will of God for any child of God to fall ill, be afflicted by any form of infirmity or remain in sickness. When Jesus paid the price on the Cross, He paid it in full—that included the price for our sound health.
Isaiah 53:5 KJVBut he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
Therefore, it is the will of God that Sons of the kingdom enjoy sound health:
3 John 1:2 KJVBeloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
3 John 1:2 NIVDear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.
Sickness is the handiwork of the enemy (not the portion of a genuine Christian). If a child of God gets sick for any reason, the Blood of Jesus is potent enough to cater for their healing.
How To Pray For Your Healing And Recovery
Exodus 15:26 KJVAnd said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the Lord that healeth thee.
First of all, understand that it is the will of God for you to be healed. Healing and sound health is your birthright as a Christian.
If it is a part of your body that needs healing, place your (Anointed) hand on that spot when you are praying.
Prayers of healing must be prayed by faith. There should be no doubt or uncertainty in the mind on whether it's going to work or not.
Anoint yourself or the sick person with Anointing oil when necessary.
Prayers For Healing The Sick
Use the following prayer points to combat sicknesses when the need arises:
- Thank You Father for my life. Thank You for your providence and sustenance. Thank you for your protection upon my life.
- Father, I declare and acknowledge that it is Your will that I enjoy sound health. I declare that sickness is not my portion, in Jesus Name.
- Thank You Lord Jesus for your Blood which was shed on the Cross of Calvary for my healing and sound health.
- Thank You precious Holy Spirit for your power which brings us healing and recovery in the Name of Jesus.
- Father, I confess every sin that might had caused the enemy to find an open door to afflict me. Wash and purge me with Your blood. Make me clean in Jesus Name.
- By the authority of Jesus Christ, I decree and declare, let everything that is not of God in my body, in form of infirmity be destroyed in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- I frustrate and annul the assignment of every spirit of infirmity assigned against me in Jesus Mighty Name.
- Let every manipulation of darkness against my health be destroyed in the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ.
- By the power of God, I subdue and destroy every powers of darkness risen against my health in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- Demonic arrows of affliction sent against me, I bind and reverse you back to the sender in the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ.
- I decree and declare healing upon by life by the Blood of Jesus Christ. Amen.
- By the authority of Jesus Christ, I bind and send back to the pit of Hell, every agent of darkness assigned to worsen my health condition in the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ.
- Father I ask that you release your healing Angels for my sake in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- Affliction shall not rise again in the Mighty Name of Jesus.
- Every future Satanic manipulation against my health shall prove abortive in the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ.
- I cover myself with the Blood of Jesus, against any further efforts of the enemy on my health in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- By the Power of God, I close every door through which the enemy might had used to gain access to afflict me, in Jesus Name.
- I decree and declare that sound health is my portion. My healing is permanent in the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ.
How Do You Pray For Someone Else's Healing?
Before praying for someone else's healing, it is needful to first of all know their standing with God.
If they are unsaved, it is proper to share Jesus with them and lead them to Christ before praying for their healing. This is needed to hasten their healing.
If they choose not to accept Jesus, but they want you to pray for their healing, simply go ahead and pray for them in the name of Jesus. Do not forget that God is still healing and helping unbelievers. By so doing, many have had a change of mind and decided to follow Jesus after receiving their healing.
It is very needful to make a person who needs healing to confess their sins and ask for forgiveness before praying for their healing. This is due to the fact that, sin is rebellion against God and it comes with dire consequences (including sicknesses):
John 5:14 KJVAfterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.
Also remember to encourage them to stay faithful to God and stay out of sin after they've gotten their healing.
James 5:16 KJVConfess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
The Bible makes us understand that the effectual fervent prayer of the righteous avails much. Understand that you as a Christian has been Anointed to bring healing to the sick. Your hands are Anointed to heal.
Final Words On Prayers For Healing And Recovery
Always remember to apply faith and the Word of God when praying for someone's else healing.
Pray for their healing as you are led. Feel free to use the prayer points above and personalise them for the person you are praying for.
Trust God to answer you and pass through your vessel to heal and restore the ones whose healing you are praying for. Leave the rest for God.
You might also want to see: Psalms For Healing And Deliverance
If you found this article helpful, remember to share it before leaving.
God bless you!
You are NOT permitted to copy and/or redistribute our content in any format. For no reason should we find our content on your blog/website—be in its original or spinned format. Don't say you were not warned !!