How To Return To God After Backsliding
Matthew 7:14 NKJVBecause narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
What Causes Backsliding
- Lack of self-discipline
- Living a devotionless life
Return To Me And I Will Return To You
Malachi 3:7 KJVEven from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the Lord of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return?
Luke 15:22-24 KJVBut the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:  And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:  For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.
Reconnecting With God
Revelation 2:4-5 KJVNevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.  Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.
- How can I reconnect with God?
Here's the key to reconnecting with God: do the first works. Get back to doing those things which you used to do that made God happy. The very things that made you a fireful Christian, get back to doing them. Pick up from where you stopped in your relationship with God.
Benefits of Returning To God
- When a Christian backslides, they become a laughing stock to the kingdom of darkness. The enemy can reach out to touch them whenever he wants. But when they return to God, all of these come to a halt.
- Returning to God gets a Christian back under God's protection.
- Retuning to God brings restoration and blessings. The enemy has the opportunity to steal from a Christian and make their life miserable when they backslide. But all of these can be brought to a halt by retuning to God. Restoration and blessings will follow.
- There is the possibility of experiencing a better Christian life and relationship with Jesus after returning to God.
- You will be able to guide other Christians from backsliding and encourage those who backslide to return to God.
- Overall, Heaven will celebrate your return to God.
Prayer To Return To God
- Go ahead and talk to God, He is your Father.
- The Christian who backslides knows in what way exactly they did that. So personalise and fashion your prayer accordingly.
- Repent. Ask the Lord for forgiveness.
- Make up your mind to do better and say it out as a promise to God. Do your best to keep the promise.
Final Words On Returning To God
All contents of iBlogGospel are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA). Copying, reproduction, redistribution in any form is strictly prohibited.