The battle is the Lord's, that's a common saying among Christians today. And it is true. But that does not imply that we are immune to spiritual attacks. No Christian has outgrown spiritual attacks.
Jeremiah 51:20 KJV Thou art my battle axe and weapons of war: for with thee will I break in pieces the nations, and with thee will I destroy kingdoms.
1 Peter 5:8 KJV Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.
Why We Must Become God's Battle Axe
Matthew 13:25 KJV But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
1 Peter 5:8-9 KJV Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:  Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
There is an urgent call on us to let God use us as His battle axe in these last days. The Lord has made available for us all that is required for us to be effective in His Army. We only need to harness them.
Mark 16:17-18 KJVAnd these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;  They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
Luke 10:19 KJVBehold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
A Few People in the Bible Who Were God's Battle Axes
- David: We've heard and read of David, how he never lost a battle. The truth is that he always relied on God and cried out to Him to fight for him. But he was also a warrior, prepared and equipped to be used of the LORD at any time to confront the enemy.
- Moses: God needed a vessel through which He'll manifest His Power and Wrath to the Pharaoh and the Egyptians and grant deliverance to His people. Moses was that vessel.
- Gideon: Gideon was a well-fortified warrior for God. God fought through Him and gave him victory over his enemies with ease.
Judges 7:18 KJVWhen I blow with a trumpet, I and all that are with me, then blow ye the trumpets also on every side of all the camp, and say, The sword of the Lord, and of Gideon.
- Deborah: Once a ruler of Israel, also a warrior who led Israel to battle and conquered their enemies using God's help.
- Hezekiah: Hezekiah succeeded his father Ahaz and was mightily used of the Lord to pull down the temples of foreign gods and destroy the idols and idol worshipping his father established in Israel.
Qualities of God's Battle Axe
Forged by Fire
God's battle axe is forged in God's refiner's furnace. Swords, clubs and axes were all initially raw and rough metals passed through blazing fire, purged and beaten into shape.
Sharp and Dreadful
Always Available For Use
It is one thing to be well-equipped for battle and it is another to be available when the Lord has need of us. God's weapons of war must always be available and ready for His use whenever He needs them to destroy the works of Satan.
Jeremiah 1:10 KJVSee, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant.
Read Next »
All contents of iBlogGospel are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA). Copying, reproduction, redistribution in any form is strictly prohibited.