There's a school of thought that believes sickness is part of God's will for man. But I want to seize this opportunity to announce to you that, as a Believer in Christ you have been freed from the Adamic curse together with all that came with it (including sicknesses).
The sacrifice of our Lord Jesus on the Cross was costly and powerful enough to pay for your good health. Jesus Christ is your health insurance.
Isaiah 53:5 KJVBut he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
We need to get rid of the perception that a Christian has to suffer every terrible thing in this world, simply because they're Christian. If that were the case, then we're literally saying the sacrifice of our Lord on the cross was futile. But thankfully it wasn't.
Psalm 41:3 NIVThe LORD sustains them on their sickbed and restores them from their bed of illness.
Because you are a Christian and you believe in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, He ensures that He heals you swiftly even when you are ill. The Lord's eyes are always upon the righteous, to ensure that they stay healthy throughout the days of their life. This is just one of your privileges as a Christian; your good health was paid for.
Sicknesses are not from God; it isn't His will for us. One of the major attacks of the enemy against a Christian is often directed towards their health. We must understand this and act accordingly.
What Robs A Christian Of Sound Health?
Since we are still living in this imperfect world filled with all manner of problems, even a genuine Christian may occasionally get affected and fall ill. Outside of this, the Lord taught us something very important in scriptures concerning sicknesses.
From the onset, all problems of man began when sin came into the world. In the uncorrupted world, by default, there isn't suppose to be a thing as illness or medical treatment for sicknesses. The root of all problems of man happens to be sin. The Bible and even our Lord Jesus Christ confirmed this with His own mouth.
Take a look at this scripture:
John 5:5-9,14 KJVAnd a certain man was there, which had an infirmity thirty and eight years.  When Jesus saw him lie, and knew that he had been now a long time in that case, he saith unto him, Wilt thou be made whole?  The impotent man answered him, Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me.  Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk.  And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked: and on the same day was the sabbath.  Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.
After Jesus had healed this man who laid by the pool of Bathesda, and afterwards, found him in the temple, notice the instruction that the Lord gave him: sin no more, so that something worse may not come upon you.
What point can you glean from that statement? I'm sure it's self-explanatory.
Also notice that in most cases, whenever a sick person was brought to Jesus, He didn't go straight to say to them, “be healed”. Most times He would tell them, “your sins are forgiven”, and that was what brought about their healing.
Matthew 9:2 KJVAnd, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee.
So what is the Spirit trying to communicate to us here? Certain Christians would spare themselves persistent illnesses if they lived a holy and consecrated life unto God. It doesn't look nice seeing a Christian fall ill as often as everyone else does. The root cause of sicknesses and all problems of man is sin and I'm sure we can easily fix that. Disobedience against God and His Word always comes with consequences.
Here is God's report concerning those who obey Him:
Proverbs 3:7-8 KJVBe not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil.  It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.
Malachi 4:2 ESVBut for you who fear my name, the sun of righteousness shall rise with healing in its wings. You shall go out leaping like calves from the stall.
Prayers For Good Health
With the understanding from what has been revealed here so far, let's craft our prayer for good health as follows:
- Thank You Father for giving Your Son as a ransom for my Sin. Through Him I receive supernatural, permanent good health. Amen.
- Thank You Father for I know that experiencing sound health is Your will for my life. Let this be my portion from now on, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- Father, I submit myself completely to You. Lord Jesus I ask that You forgive, cleanse and liberate me completely from the curse of sicknesses. Amen!
- By the authority of Jesus Christ, I come against and declare destroyed, whatever seems like a yoke of illness upon my life. I receive permanent sound health from the Lord. Amen.
- From now henceforth, sicknesses shall no longer come and linger in my life, in the Name of Jesus Christ!
- I declare sound health upon myself and my family. Every form of affliction from the enemy in form of sicknesses is destroyed, in the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ!
- Every family curse of persistent sicknesses affecting me and my loved ones, I command you to be broken now in the Name of Jesus Christ!
- From now henceforth, I shall know no sickness. I harness grace to live above all infirmity in the Name of Jesus Christ!
- By the authority of Jesus Christ, I bind every spirit of infirmity assigned against me. I abort their assignment against my life in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- I cover myself, my family and loved ones with the blood of Jesus. From now on, the spirit of infirmity shall be unable to locate us. Amen.
Bible Verses For Good Health
- Psalm 146:8 NLT The LORD opens the eyes of the blind. The LORD lifts up those who are weighed down. The LORD loves the godly.
- Exodus 23:25 KJV And ye shall serve the Lord your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.
- Jeremiah 33:6 KJV Behold, I will bring it health and cure, and I will cure them, and will reveal unto them the abundance of peace and truth.
- Jeremiah 30:17 KJV For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the Lord ; because they called thee an Outcast, saying, This is Zion, whom no man seeketh after.
- Matthew 8:16 KJV When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick.
- Psalm 103:2-3 KJV Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:  Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases.
- Psalm 73:26 KJV My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
- 3 John 1:2 KJV Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.
Final Words On Prayer For Good Health
Beloved, as you have seen, it is God's will that we remain in good health. But the enemy always strives to do the very opposite of what God wants to us.
I trust that by praying this prayer for good health, you can invite God to be in charge of your life, and prevent the enemy from manipulating your health.
You are NOT permitted to copy and/or redistribute our content in any format. For no reason should we find our content on your blog/website—be in its original or spinned format. Don't say you were not warned !!
Post a Comment