Do you some times feel like you're stuck in a particular level of spiritual growth? Ever felt like whenever you're doing your best to grow spiritually you see yourself going three steps backwards instead? What about constantly struggling with a particular sin you had vowed to let go of so many times but to no avail? That is the spirit of rising and falling at work!
I believe one of the desires of every genuinely saved person on this planet is to grow without any barrier on their path of spiritual growth. But that isn't always the case.
The imperfection and weakness of the flesh itself is a barrier. The enemy of our souls also doesn't want us to grow unto maturity in Christ. Every mature Christian is a serious threat to him and his kingdom, so he fights relentlessly to prevent a believer from getting to such level.
At times it gets to a point some believers would conclude that they can never grow past the level they are and can never stop doing things that displease God. That is the voice of the enemy and it isn't true. Satan is always a liar... he'll tell you, "you can't do it. You're so sinful, do you think you can just wake up one day to stop living in this sin?"
You may had disappointed the LORD so many times, but that doesn't mean you can not start making Him proud of you. It may be true that your spiritual life has really suffered many blows both from you and the enemy to the extent you've concluded you'll never do right. Just don't give up!
One of the desires of the LORD is to see us move past every string and shackle drawing us backwards whenever we desire to go forward. We can not do it by our own strength. If we could help ourselves there would had been no need for our LORD Jesus Christ to come and die for us.
We need Him to be righteous. We need Him to enable us live right, and we need Him to help us get past every hindrance to our spiritual growth. It is very hard when we try to do it on our own, but with Him it is easy. Never forget that with God all things are possible!
Matthew 11:28-30 KJV
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
RISING AND FALLING: WHY A BELIEVER MUST OVERCOME IT
● To Make Heaven: The first thing the spirit of rising and falling strives to achieve is to prevent a Believer from making Heaven at last. Rising and falling produces lukewarm Christians and the LORD said in the book of Revelation 3:16 that He will spew such out of His mouth!
But so long one is alive, there is hope! Every new day is another chance to get it right. Don't joke with it because tomorrow is not guaranteed and there is no repentance in the grave.
The enemy wants no Christian to make Heaven; not even one! We must constantly resist him and hold fast our ticket to Heaven till the day we breathe our last!
1 Peter 5:8-9 KJV
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:  Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
● To Walk In The Fullness of God's Blessings For Us: The fullness of God's Blessings are for the obedient and totally consecrated believers. Overcoming a rising and falling Christian life is a great step towards walking in the fullness of all that the LORD has in store for us.
● To Be Used Of The LORD To The Fullest: It is the will of the LORD that we rise by the power of the Holy Spirit to become who He destined us to be.
No Christian is ready to be fully used of the LORD while their relationship with Him is still suffering and pathetic. How can we be used to deliver others from what we've not been delivered from?
When we're delivered from everything that is holding us back, we'll be ready to be used of the LORD to the fullest. That is what we should desire, we shouldn't settle for the less.
WHAT WE MUST DO
1. Stay Filled With The Holy Spirit: The need for every Believer to stay filled with the Holy Spirit can not be overemphasized. God's Grace is carried by the Holy Spirit who lives in us. More Infilling of the Holy Spirit equals to more Grace to stand, live right and walk in the supernatural!
Guard the Anointing upon your life. The devil can not attack that directly but he sets the traps that will make believers run low on infilling of the Spirit so that he can easily crash them!
2. Stay In The Word: The transforming power of the Word will keep us from falling if we study, meditate on and apply it to our lives on daily basis.
We can't neglect the Word and expect to stand!
3. Focus: Whatever strives to steal our focus from the LORD and from our spiritual life is fighting to fall us. Distractions of all sorts, including attacks from the enemy are not worth our attention! Keep your gaze on God!
4. Jealously Guard Your Prayer Life: Whatever attacks our prayer life wants to fall us. A prayerless Christian is truly a powerless Christian! They can't resist even the least temptation. The enemy attacks a Believer's prayer life because he knows it's easy to fall them when they don't pray!
5. Hate And Resist That Besetting Sin: Every genuine Christian is constantly tempted to sin. It doesn't just happen to one Christian. And there is no difference between us and other genuine Christians. The same Holy Spirit dwells and works in us all to keep us out of sin.
But we determine whether we want to be kept out of it or not. No Christian can overcome a particular sin he or she loves. The first step to overcoming that sin it to hate it and fix the mind on the things of the spirit. Never give sin a second thought. Let the Holy Spirit determine the flow of your thoughts!
Galatians 5:16 KJV
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
We can not say that we have done our very best to resist the sin that persistently sweeps us off our feet. We have been enabled to resist more and keep resisting by the power of the Holy Spirit until it can no longer control us!
Hebrews 12:4 KJV
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.
The devil will always speak discouragement and failure but I assure that if you refuse to listen to his voice, you can rise and make a tripple-power impact that will shake the foundations of Hell!
It is easy to overcome rising and falling as a Christian. The main thing is to end our striving to live right by our own strength and let God take control and be the platform that sustains and empowers our spiritual life. Staying prayed up and filled with the Holy Spirit is a must, because it is the Holy Spirit that enables us to live holy and do things that please the LORD. Just let go and let God, and rising and falling will become a walk-over!
Jude 1:24-25 KJV
Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,  To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
Now your turn:
If you were blessed reading this article, kindly use the share buttons to share with as many people as possible.
Stay Pure, by His Grace. Remain Blessed.